If you’re keen to understand more about nutrition, about healthy lifestyles and how our bodies and health are affected by the foods we eat, our Certificate in Nutrition is a great place to start. Here’s an overview of what you study in an online Nutrition Course…
What does our online nutrition course cover?
Our course offers you a chance to gain a deeper insight into the effects of nutrition on our health. The course units include:
- Nutrition Fundamentals, including macronutrients and micronutrients.
- Breaking down food for fuel.
- Supplements, including dietary supplements, what they do and how they can help.
- Weight management, energy balance and energy intake.
- Reading food labels, nutrition panels, what to look out for, what to avoid and processed foods.
- Creating meal plans, personalised nutrition and meals plans for specific goals.
- Myth busting fad diets and trends and the risk of diet culture.
- Sports nutrition, energy input matching energy output, training and metabolism, nutrition for athletes and warning signs.
- Nutrition at different life stages, for example during childhood and growth, during pregnancy and when aging.
- Working in nutrition.
Why study nutrition online?
- Fit study in around your existing family and work commitments
- Study at your own pace
- Study anywhere
- Easy access to course and course materials – even someone living in a rural area can study from the comfort of their home and easily access everything they need online.
Everyone needs good nutrition. Eating well, with healthy eating patterns, helps us stay healthy and reduces the risk of serious health problems.
If you’re passionate about Nutrition, you’d like to eat healthier, or maybe you want to help others live a healthy lifestyle or work in an area that involves nutrition, then studying nutrition might be the boost you need. Our online nutrition course will help you understand the fundamentals of nutrition and give you a deeper insight into how our bodies are affected by what we eat.
If you’d like to know more detail about our course, or enrol, take a look at our Certificate in Nutrition.